Exciting News for New Freedom Farm!
The Board of Directors of New Freedom Farm is thrilled to share some important and transformative news with you today. After careful consideration and planning, we are excited to announce some exciting changes coming to our beloved nonprofit!
Change is a constant, and as an organization dedicated to serving veterans, first responders, and our community, we recognize the need to evolve to better meet the needs of those we serve. New Freedom Farm will be taking some time over the next several months to plan and implement significant steps forward in our commitment to our mission and the people we aim to support.
Here are some key highlights:
1. Enhanced Focus on Impact: Planned changes will enable us to sharpen our focus on our core mission, ensuring that every action we take has a meaningful and lasting impact on the lives of those we serve.
2. Streamlined Operations: We are taking steps to streamline our internal processes and improve efficiency to maximize the resources we can direct towards our programs and initiatives.
3. Refreshed and New Programs and Initiatives: We are excited to explore and implement new programs and initiatives to enhance the organization's mission.
4. Continued Transparency: We are committed to being transparent in our operations, financial management, and decision-making processes. We want our community to know how their support is making a difference.
5. Strengthened Partnerships: We will actively seek out and collaborate with like-minded organizations and individuals who share our vision, enhancing our collective ability to create positive change.
6. Engaged Governance: Our board of directors is more committed than ever to upholding the highest standards of governance and accountability.
We want to express our heartfelt gratitude to each of you who has supported us throughout our journey. Your support has been invaluable, and we wouldn't be where we are today without you.
Effective immediately, New Freedom Farm will be closed through early January 2024. Please look for an announcement about the reopening. Any veteran or first responder in crisis should call or text 988.
As we embark on this exciting new chapter, we invite you to stay engaged and continue to be part of our mission. These changes will empower us to make an even more significant impact in the future.
Stay tuned for more updates as we roll out new initiatives, programs, and opportunities for involvement in early 2024!
Thank you for being part of the New Freedom Farm family.
With gratitude and optimism,
New Freedom Farm Board of Directors
New Freedom Farm is a nonprofit community farm located in Buchanan, Virginia. The farm exists to aid veterans and first responders with post-traumatic stress disorder
(PTSD), substance use, traumatic brain injury (TBI), and other conditions by using the therapeutic activity of interacting with equines, farming, and peer-to-peer support. The end goal is to empower individuals and help them heal by realizing their efforts and contributions.
New Freedom Farm heals heroes through horses by offering veterans and first responders space and confidence to develop deep friendships through equine activity and gentling, fostering physical, emotional, and spiritual health, assisting individuals
with reintegration into civilian life.
Veterans, first responders, and their families are welcome at New Freedom Farm.